The Skeeters are proud to announce the beginning of the Fans for Cans food drive, taking place during each Wednesday home game here at Constellation Field to benefit the Houston Food Bank and the community. Each fan that brings in at least five items will receive a voucher good for free admission to any of our Wednesday home games. Be sure to look out for our table in front of the main gates on Wednesday evenings and our Houston Food Bank collection boxes to make your donation.
We encourage fans to bring nonperishable food items. Below is a list of the Houston Food Bank's most needed items:
- Canned green vegetables (green beans, spinach, collard greens) no salt added
- Canned tomatoes, no salt added
- Canned beans, no salt added
- Canned tuna, salmon, chicken, sardines
- Canned fruits in water or juice
- Whole grain pasta, quinoa, brown rice
- Salt-free seasonings
For the safety of those served by the Houston Food Bank, we are unable to accept the following items:
- Open packages
- Homemade food items
- Perishable foods
- Baby food
- Items with "Expired dates"
For more information, call 281-240-4487. We'll see you out at the ballpark!